- Blog Central
- About Us
- Our Saints
- Carmelite Calendar
- Safe Environment
Abiding in God
July 14, 2017
Not too long ago, I came out of Mass with 1 John 4:16 on my mind and heart: specifically, ". . . he who abides in love, abides in God and God in him."What came through my mind was that the first part, abiding in God, being enveloped by him, is more often sweet, permeated with peace, and seems to happen more readily. God abiding in us brings the thought of being wounded, but in a welcoming way
July 14, 2017
It’s Two o’clock and the house tucks itself in, settling for the night. The old wood creaking, sighing, purring itself to sleep. Tonight, I am its sentinel. Between solitude and sleep, two fatigues push and pull me down a valley of purple haze while fragments and dried feathers snap, scrape and break against my cheeks. Here bare knuckled skin brush
April 28, 2017
It was mid-morning as IScurried about the house.Make the bed. Sweep the floor.Oh look at those books open, on The desk – need to read those.What is the office calling for?I feel His gaze rest on my wrist. His curved fingers reaching proposing to lead me in a Feather step. And I glide, free-spinning
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing – a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.