- Blog Central
- About Us
- Our Saints
- Carmelite Calendar
- Safe Environment
A Light for Revelation (The Light Went On)
February 3, 2017
When we hear the phrase, "the light went on," it's often associated with a moment of recognition. The simple example of entering a dark room and flipping a light switch is an illustration of going from one moment, not being able to see, and the next, with visibility now possible in our surroundings.In hearing today's gospel for the Feast of the Presentation of Jesus, the "light went on" for Simeon
Journaling in the Chapel
January 9, 2017
While in the Chapel after Mass this morning, a feeling of warmth came over me. Like being warmed by a heat, a magnificent flame, I began to think what a gift it was to be here in the presence of my Creator and His faithful Missionary Carmelites of St Teresa. Talking to God, I asked, why do you love me? Why have you given me such a wonderful environment to grow in Carmelite spirituality?
the Sixth (a Christmas poem)
January 9, 2017
Passively I accept these gloomydays attending another closing year.Trees, house tops, driveways andfootpaths, all gleam from a drenching rain that fell two days before. It is atime of brightly yellowed trees;losing their glossy aging leavesthat litter boulevards pointing to woods and dark wind-torn fields.No one sees me here, shuttered behind weeping window panes– feeling
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing – a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.