Dad and the Two Oranges
May 4, 2016 | beauty, creation, death, family, gift, God's love, God's Word, love, oranges, providence, remembrance, sharing, wisdom
“How beautiful are all his works!” (Sirach 42 ) Just as I delighted for a moment in the ordinary but incredible scenery illuminated by the sun’s rising, I turned back to the verse where I had left off in Sirach 42: “The clear vault of the sky shines forth like heaven itself, a vision of glory. The orb of the sun, resplendent at its rising:
Your Eternal Sigh
An oak, large and bedewed clothed in the freshness of Spring glistens – a myriad flashes of light –your eternal gaze.In hidden knowledge you saw us;lowly, fallen, compost. Even beforethe breath of your spoken Word,you could do naught but from theheart take breath and speakyour Mercy.In a movement of being – oh mystery of being –in that “act” of incarnate Wordborne aloft
April 28, 2016 | contemplative prayer, God's presence, poetry, scripture, soul, spirituality, stillness
Entering the cave of my soul,clinging darkly to holy scripturespromise, saying you will come and make your dwelling with me.Idly, gently do I tampwispy thoughts away.Neither noise nor motion - you are here.My quietness hangs suspended, listening for your breathing;the breath of your nostrils……………with the breath of your mouth You breathe your warmth – on me – each hair of
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing – a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at email@example.com if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.