- Blog Central
- About Us
- Our Saints
- Carmelite Calendar
- Safe Environment
Mercy Healed Me
December 4, 2015
(written October 16, 2015 while at the 2015 Milwaukee National OCDS Congress during Adoration)
Lord, thank you for your Mercy.
You have felt my anguish and pain.
The rejection and deception pierced my heart
Down to the first thread of muscle.
Pain seared through my calmness.
Oh, how my heart ached for loss of my marriage.
Death! The death of what was supposed to be.
“Til death us do part” came way too early.
We are still both alive! But, our marriage is dead.
Vows trampled upon - thrown aside into the gutters
Of indecency, adultery, deception, lies, addictions.
Sensual thoughts conjured up through the eyes and imagination
Yet, still giving a pretense of love.
You are always present, my Lord.
You are within me.
Protecting my heart, mind and soul
And eventually silencing that death knoll that rang incessantly in my heart.
You gave me your Grace
And loved me with your Sacred Heart
That too had been pierced
With rejection and deception.
You, too, experienced “death”- death on a cross.
For love of me, you died
So that I might live with you forever.
To be your follower, I must bear my cross and forgive.
“Forgiveness” is my choice.
You have given me the grace to do it.
I forgave. I cried. I am healing.
You still love us both
Thank you, Lord, for your Mercy.
You healed my anguish and pain.
Written by Lee Davis
Lee Davis is a verified contributor and member of the OCDS of the Province of St. Therese
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing - a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at email@example.com if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.