- Blog Central
- About Us
- Our Saints
- Carmelite Calendar
- Safe Environment
May 18, 2018
Ah. Such joy! Strewn across the sanctuary!White lilies, blaring their trumpets in a brilliant white chorus; continuing for days and then into weeks.Now their nodding drooping heads arecovered with quantities of bright yellowpollen. And having spent their beautyAnd mingled their fragrance with thesacred incense, they were sent forth.Dismissed, to line the walkway up to the church – an honour
The Power of Telling Love Stories
October 20, 2015
This past year put into motion a phenomenal ripple effect of grace, as the Order celebrated the five hundredth anniversary of the birth of St Teresa of Jesus. For myself however it did not start on a happy note. It began with Hannah the pack-mule [read: stubborn] schlepping the burdens of her vocation. Everyone around me – husband excluded – assumed “Good ole responsible,
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing - a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at email@example.com if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.