- Blog Central
- About Us
- Our Saints
- Carmelite Calendar
- Safe Environment
Dad and the Two Oranges
May 4, 2016
“How beautiful are all his works!” (Sirach 42 ) Just as I delighted for a moment in the ordinary but incredible scenery illuminated by the sun’s rising, I turned back to the verse where I had left off in Sirach 42: “The clear vault of the sky shines forth like heaven itself, a vision of glory. The orb of the sun, resplendent
Reflection on the Centenary Year
October 22, 2015
As the Centenary Year Celebration approaches I look back over the past five years of study of Our Holy Mother Teresa’s works and am grateful for all the insights and wisdom she has shared with us. I was especially blessed to get to know her better in the study guide of her Foundations and surprisingly in her Letters and Spiritual Testimonies. St. Teresa’s
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing - a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at email@example.com if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.