- Blog Central
- About Us
- Our Saints
- Carmelite Calendar
- Safe Environment
Art for Living and Praying
August 23, 2018
I’ve been reflecting on my upbringing – how I was raised – the culture, family and experiences that shaped how I grew up. It was idyllic up to a certain point, and then after that certain point, everything changed. I was not equipped to handle what occurred and became a sort of child hermit. Emotional faults were entrenched into my psyche while I built up a
Dad and the Two Oranges
May 4, 2016
“How beautiful are all his works!” (Sirach 42 ) Just as I delighted for a moment in the ordinary but incredible scenery illuminated by the sun’s rising, I turned back to the verse where I had left off in Sirach 42: “The clear vault of the sky shines forth like heaven itself, a vision of glory. The orb of the sun, resplendent
The Power of Telling Love Stories
October 20, 2015
This past year put into motion a phenomenal ripple effect of grace, as the Order celebrated the five hundredth anniversary of the birth of St Teresa of Jesus. For myself however it did not start on a happy note. It began with Hannah the pack-mule [read: stubborn] schlepping the burdens of her vocation. Everyone around me – husband excluded – assumed “Good ole responsible,
Mist of the Mountains
July 31, 2015
Zosia – my Dragon Poet - small, pensive, sweet.Whose long ardent sighsrevive in me memories ofafternoon fog descendingon the mountain’s side. I a little girl with father and two brothers.Father clasps my little brother’s wrist as we four, stroll back to our holiday cottage.Both mother and sister attentive to our return.There everything in viewis shrouded by clouds, asa mystical
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing – a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.