- Blog Central
- About Us
- Our Saints
- Carmelite Calendar
- Safe Environment
December 16, 2017
We entered an eclipse but instead of creeping nightfall the afternoon shimmered with embers of burning silver light.Thousands – dare I say millions – pledged a view of the spectacle. Yeton my patch of grassy earth, all is calm, quiet, and bright.Neither bird nor bee, dog nor tree stir.And I stand – stunningly alone. For this midday Rapture isn’t
March 28, 2016
When I told youMy love was so greatthat I wanted to spend eternity with you,I did not mean an eternity at some far-off time,as if eternity’s clock was wound by your death.Eternity began the day I conceived your soul.On that day,I blossomed within you, long before your birth,long before you first saw the world.Yet you forget our eternity is well
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing – a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at email@example.com if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.