- Blog Central
- About Us
- Our Saints
- Carmelite Calendar
- Safe Environment
Keep Praying, Keep Heart, Keep Faith
December 16, 2017
What does it mean, to "pray always and not lose heart?" So many connections surface, but the focus that recently jumped out was the connection between the praying, and not losing heart. I'm reminded of what is stated in the introduction to the section on Prayer in the Catechism: "According to Scripture, it is the heart that prays...The heart is the dwelling place where I
Courage of Conviction
October 15, 2015
One of my favorite things about our holy mother, Teresa of Jesus, is her willingness to say the hard things,without fear of whatever her day’s “media coverage” will be reporting and mis-representing. Our holy father Pope Francis shares that courage of conviction. When he dares to offer consolation to his priests and bishops, in the face of the ongoing scandals of sexual abuse of children
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing – a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at email@example.com if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.