January 25, 2018 | art, church, Communion, craft, God, life, mystery, prayer, remembrance, sacred, sacrifice, service
The narthex, the nave, the steeple,the transept, the columns, the corbel,the buttress, the portal, the plaster,the gold, the marble, the silver.The Stations of the Crosscarved in Paris and shippedin the hold of a schooneron its way to Boston.The bond stone, the bed joints, the mortar,the granite, the weep holes, the stretcher.The Irish mason who atehis lunch sitting on scaffolding,legs dangling in
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing – a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at email@example.com if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.