- Blog Central
- About Us
- Our Saints
- Carmelite Calendar
- Safe Environment
October 15, 2018
Last [summer] my daughter asked me to stay with her children (her almost four year old daughter, and one and a half year old son) for an hour or so while she attended to a task with focus. It turned out to be more delightful than I could have imagined, and a cause for simple, peaceful and enlivening reflection afterward.I had barely come into the living room, when my granddaughter wanted to play a
Our Lady of Mount Carmel and Elijah
July 28, 2017
"Planted in the house of the Lord, They will flourish in the courts of our God." (Ps 92:13)Celebrating both the Solemnities of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel and of Elijah - within four days' time - springs forth an image of what they share on the most hidden to manifest levels.Reading the above verse from Psalm 92, on the day before Our Lady of Mount Carmel, I was struck by the invisible but essential aspect
Mustard Seed Faith – Part 1
December 9, 2016
The gospel passages that include the phrase, "faith the size of a mustard seed" have not particularly kept my attention over the decades of my life. If anything, I've noticed in myself a sort of sense of passing over it, or wondering, why faith should be such a challenge at times, especially since only (at first glance) such a seemingly minuscule
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing – a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at email@example.com if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.