- Blog Central
- About Us
- Our Saints
- Carmelite Calendar
- Safe Environment
–– Evenings Beatitude
November 16, 2019
“They say for many people, evening is the best part of the day…”from the Merchant-Ivory movie ‘Remains of the Day’The sun sweeps low across the evening sky — a bird flits about the shrubbery singing its spooneylittle tune in the failing light — applause trickles upon leaves Burnished by powdery flecks and dust,fallen from the wings of Dying moths. &
Whisper from Within
November 5, 2019
O God, whose hand hath spread the skyAnd all its shining hosts on high,And painting it with fiery light,Made it so beauteous and so bright(Text: Cæli Deus sanctissime, attributed to Saint Gregory the Great, 540-604)The air not wishing me to ponder it, neither chills nor Thrills. This is an hour set aside, when counting slowly Downwards, the heart settles without fading away. Evening light
Listening from Exile
October 15, 2019
In You, darkness is not dark; nor is your apparent absence a void. You speak in silence, no matter how the senses may fail or the willlanguish. One must keep vigil inprayer; remain loving and attentive.Listening from ExileEvening light pours through the window,dappling my prayer in soft shades of pink and yellow before fading away. My heart registers a rhythmic pulse, rising imperceptibly like
Other Blogs by Secular Discalced Carmelites:
- Bethany Hang Out – a blog by Shawn Chapman, OCDS. Shawn is a member of the Austin community of Secular Discalced Carmelites. She also writes regularly for ATX Catholic online.
- Elizabeth Explores Writing - a blog by Elizabeth Ogilvie, OCDS. Elizabeth is a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.
- Gray Rising – a blog by Tim Bete, OCDS. Tim is a member of the community of the Secular Discalced Carmelites in Dayton, OH.
- Hearth Cake and a Jug of Water – Mary Bellman, a member of the Dallas OCDS community, sends out a daily Carmelite quotation by e-mail. Send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added on her mailing list and receive these Carmelite quotations.
- Illumina, Domine – a blog by Pat Enk, a Secular Discalced Carmelite of the U.S. Central Province.